Giving back to our community is important to our team at Visual Focus.
We work with local not-for-profit organisations, performers and artists and love initiatives that enhance the use of audio-visual technology.
Visual Focus is currently supporting:
- Curious Arts Inc. and the inaugural Curious Arts Festival in Toowoomba, 15 & 16 March 2019
- Pinnacle Collective’s Small Town Stuff has been assisted by Dance Central and Visual Focus. The production had its world premiere as part of the Curious Arts Festival at the Empire Theatre Toowoomba in March 2019.
Past projects supported include:
- Visual Focus supported Shake & Stir Theatre Company with equipment and expertise in presenting the classic story A Christmas Carol at QPAC Brisbane in December 2018. This production used holographic projection technology to create ghost characters on stage. The audio visual design created by Optikal Bloc won a Matilda Award in February 2019.
- The LIT Festival – Stories in Light was presented in September 2018 in Toowoomba.
- The Higher Ground Project funded through the Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund, which supports the arts in regional and remote Australia. Two projects, the Pinnacle Collective’s Small Town Stuff and Too Many Sopranos The Diva Diaries are assisted by USQ Artsworx in partnership with Visual Focus.
- The Diva Diaries was supported by presenting partner the Empire Theatres Homegrown Independents Program and Toowoomba Regional Council for their season in August 2018.
- Downlands College production of Crazy For You in May 2018 that inspires and educates the next generation of Performing Artists. Visual Focus supported their innovative use of projection mapping as part of the set design for the musical.
- Casus Circus tour of Driftwood presented at USQ Artsworx Toowoomba and Chinchilla Cultural Centre supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland’s Playing Queensland Fund in November 2017.
- Shoebox Theatre Company’s production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee presented at the Empire Theatre in July 2017