Giving back to our community is important to our team at Visual Focus.
We work with local not-for-profit organisations, performers and artists and love initiatives that enhance the use of audio-visual technology.
Visual Focus is currently supporting:
- The LIT Festival – Stories in Light to be presented in September 2018 in Toowoomba
- Curious Arts Inc. and the inaugural Curious Arts Festival in Toowoomba, 15 & 16 March 2019
- The Higher Ground Project funded through the Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund, which supports the arts in regional and remote Australia. Two projects Pinnacle Collective’s Extremes and Too Many Sopranos The Diva Diaries are assisted by USQ Artsworx in partnership with Visual Focus. Pinnacle Collective is further assisted by Dance Central. The Diva Diaries is supported by presenting partner the Empire Theatres Homegrown Independents Program and Toowoomba Regional Council for their season in August 2018.
Past projects supported include:
- Downlands College production of Crazy For You in May 2018 that inspires and educates the next generation of Performing Artists. Visual Focus supported their innovative use of projection mapping as part of the set design for the musical.
- Casus Circus tour of Driftwood presented at USQ Artsworx Toowoomba and Chinchilla Cultural Centre supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland’s Playing Queensland Fund in November 2017.
- Shoebox Theatre Company’s production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee presented at the Empire Theatre in July 2017