Visual Focus Toowoomba is an audio-visual integrator. Our technical team installs, integrates, commissions and programs a broad range of AV equipment and integrated technology solutions for commercial, education and residential clients.
We’re looking for a motivated person with the right attitude and some knowledge or experience, either in audio-visual or a related industry (e.g.: Electrical or Electronic trades, IT, Telecommunications, Cabling etc). Visual Focus provides on-going training both formal and on-the-job for the right person.
What will you be doing?
- Installing Professional Audio Visual Equipment
- Troubleshooting AV systems including Audio and Video signal issues
- Installation of cabling (conduit, cable tray, ducting and wire systems)
- Integrating AV control systems with IT networks
- Equipment configuration, rack wiring, termination and labelling
- Interpreting schematic diagrams, panel drawings and rack layouts
- Observing WH&S standards ensuring all work is completed in a safe manner
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Occasional travel to SW Queensland client sites required
What do we need from you?
- Trade qualification in electronics, communications, audio visual or demonstrated equivalent
- Previous audio visual installation or related industry experience highly regarded
- Basic computer networking knowledge and aptitude for computer skills
- Skills in telecommunication, cabling, data networks, MATV and/or qualifications such as a Construction White Card, Working at Heights,
- Rigging, EWP tickets and Open Cabling licence are desirable
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team and take responsibility for completing allocated tasks
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- Knowledge or the ability to learn audio-visual control systems and programming for Audio DSPs & AV Control systems (Crestron/Kramer etc) is desirable.
- A valid manual Driver’s License
Your application should include a cover letter with details of how you meet the requirements of the role, your experience and/or qualifications in audio-visual or related industries and your passion and enthusiasm about the role. Please also provide your Resume/CV and contacts for referees.
Visual Focus offers a competitive salary package and a positive, inclusive work culture that supports employees with on-the-job learning, training opportunities and rewards innovation and passion.
A trainee applicant may be an alternative consideration in appointing this role. Interviewing mid-December with successful applicant ideally starting in early January 2021.